Monday, February 10, 2014

Caffeine Jitters

Well, when I created these cards I wasn't having caffeine jitters but the colors I used would make one think that.  I just purchased this Coffee Talk set from Stampendous for a proposed class in March and seen these wild colors of paper and I started having fun....











This last card is kinda iffy with me.  Not sure if I like the layout. Almost seems too easy/simple. Any thoughts??  I did use a few Spellbinder dies, a circle punch, and my Corner Chomper along with doing some paper piecing on the 2nd card.

Last Friday we went to the George Strait concert in Phoenix.  Our kids helped purchase the tickets in celebration of my birthday.  Martina McBride opened the concert and the whole show was excellent!


We were not in the "nose bleed" section and where we were was considered "floor" but, as you can see, we were still a long ways from the stage. Two rows behind us started the 2nd level. My poor little Canon camera with 16x zoom just could not get good pictures at that distance.  Most of my pics were of the big screens above the stage.


I'm a big fan of his music and love his mellow voice.  I hope he doesn't quit singing though this is supposed to be his final tour.  I did purchase the tour T-shirt and a cap for Dean.

4 comments:

lynnb242@gmail.com said...

Carol, I love, love, love this stamp set might have to get one of mine own, since I always seem to be making something with cups and saucers and the like, really sweet looking cards too!

Glittered Paws said...

Love this stamp and what you did with it - such bright colors. and George Strait - and Martina too - wow what a bonus - I know you enjoyed.

Anonymous said...

I'm having a cup of coffee as I type this. I Love coffee and I love these cards. And, did I say, I Love my coffee??!! Ha!
Gail

~ Connie said...

I think the last card is my fav -- or maybe card #2. They are ALL great, as always! Very cool stamp set; I might have to indulge in that one, too. TFS - Connie