Friday, March 10, 2017

Last But Not Least

I'm so excited to start on my March Bloom Box cards but I still need to share the last of the 4 cards from our February Bloom Box.  Yeah, I"m a bit late but, as they (who is they??) say, better late than never.


I love the simplicity of this card yet to me it is still very elegant!  And the Bold Wings stamp set butterfly is just so gorgeous!  We started with a base of Lavender Fusion card stock.  I stamped the butterfly and sentiment with Black Licorice ink on the Whip Cream layer.  I used our Color Splash pencils to color the butterfly by making a puddle of color on an acrylic block with a Blending Brush then coloring.  Using the left over puddles I splattered the card stock like I do with our Silks.  In fact, I used a bit of Silver Silk, too!


I ran a line of Journey Glaze around the outside edge of the butterfly then sprinkled with Sparkle Cuts. I actually prefer Sparkle Cuts (like a glitter but larger chunks, like itty bitty sparkly circles of fun) over Sparkle Dust (a fine glitter)  After it dried I adhered this layer to the card base and added some Silver (Special Celebrations) Sequins.

Next week I'll share pictures from a special meeting I'll be attending tomorrow in Scottsdale, AZ. We are to bring Easter Cards to display.  I have 2 cards made and will be sharing those next week, too.

StampinCarol


1 comment:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ahh a gorgeous card, Carol am rather partial to these colours and butterflies .. as you may guess from some of my colour and elements used too well done.. and I'm waaaay behind, as well!
Thanks so much for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}