Friday, September 8, 2017

A Retiform Halloween Card

Our challenge this week by a fellow coach was to make a retiform card.  I haven't done this in a few years and it was nice to revisit this technique!  It took a few post it notes to make but I like the effect.


To do this I laid the post it notes to make sections.  Each section was sponged (sponges are on sale this month!) on the edges with Black Licorice ink and stamped. I used just 1 stamp bundle, Jack O'Lanterns.  As I finished each section I repositioned the notes to make another section. I only used Tangerine Fusion and Black Licorice card stocks. After stamping I splattered some Citrus Cooler and Silver Silks.


Here's a closer look at a corner of some sections.


I stamped the 3 pumpkins, added faces, then used my Blending Brush to add Sparkle Silk to the faces.  I also added a strip of Licorice Sparkle washi tape to layer them over. A few Foam Squares, our Easy Glide Runner, and the Amaze machine were also used.

So you can see not many products were used!  Yet the effect is really cool!  Give it a try!

StampinCarol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute card, Love those pumpkins.
Gail