Friday, December 22, 2017

A Couple Last Christmas Cards

I made a mad dash early this week to make a few more Christmas cards for "just in case" and I headed over to Pinterest to get some inspiration!  Are you ready??  I have 2 to share!


Of the 2 I made this card came in 2nd.  I love it as I'm originally from country that got snow, and many times, lots of it!  We used to live in northwest Wyoming just 70 miles from the East Gate of Yellowstone Park.  Anyway, I started with a folded card base of Whip Cream card stock then added a layer of Pool Play card stock that was embossed with an embossing folder from my old pre-FSJ stash. I die cut 3 sizes of Whip Cream card stock using our Circle dies and lightly sponged the edges of all with Pool Play ink. I stacked them using our Foam Squares. Next I hand cut (using my Details Pro Shears) arms from Hazelnut Blend card stock and adhered.  Then using my smallest 1/16 hole punch I made the eyes, mouth, and buttons.  A bit of Christmas Cheer prints (available through Dec. 31) for a scarf and Citrus Cooler card stock for the nose and Frosty is done. I stamped the phrase from our Snow Burst stamp set with Black Licorice ink, banner cut and adhered.  Last I splatted some Sparkle Silk and Whip Cream Silk (available Jan. 1, 2018) and the card was ready!



Isn't he just adorable!  And now for my favorite! 


I've seen oodles of this design over the years and had to make it myself! Again I started with a folded base of Whip Cream card stock  Next I cut my Black Licorice card stock layer and proceeded to stamp with one of the trees from our Fresh Forest stamp set using Whip Cream ink.  I did 2 - 3 generations of stamping to get some distance and perspective on the trees. And in person the trees have a faint bluish look!



Then I stamped the star from our Silent Night set and, after the Whip Cream ink was dry, I went over it with the white pen from our Just Write Gels.   Last I splattered some Whip Cream Silk.  I LOVE the new Silk!!!  To finish the card front I stamped the phrase from the Silent Night stamp set with Black Licorice ink and adhered with Foam Squares.

Are you ready for Christmas??  Hubby was wanting to take in a theater play but he didn't realize it isn't like a movie.  The tickets have been sold out for a LONG time!  Maybe we will go see a movie but last Tuesday while finishing my Christmas shopping I stopped to see the newest Star Wars moving. Oh my, it was good!

I hope you all have a very wonderful CHRISTmas! And remember, Jesus is the reason for this season!

StampinCarol

No comments: