Friday, December 8, 2017

Bunnies and Flowers

Last Saturday me and 2 friends (also my downline) took part in FSJ Presents.  It's a 6 hour live YouTube party put on by Fun Stampers Journey with make n takes, demos, and more.  To take part one does have to purchase the "bundle" which has the stamps sets we use, 4 card kits, a booklet of directions, a paper pack, the upcoming new Mini catalog, and a surprise.  I'll share a couple of the cards with you today and another couple later.


I did share this card on my FB page but it is just so darn cute I have to share a bit more of it.  We used 3 solid card stocks, Fresh Forest, Sweet Berry, and Whip Cream, and our new Spring Filled Prints (available Jan. 1, 2018). The bunny and sentiment are from the Storybook Occasions (available Jan. 1).  We used Black Licorice ink and Sparkle Silk (you can see the Sparkle!).  And to give you a heads up, we're getting 3 new Silks!!!!  No, I'm not telling you yet what the colors are but I will soon!


We colored the bunny with watered down Fresh Forest Liquid Color and Bubble Gum Silk. Very cool! Oh, did you notice the black splatters with the Sparkle Silk?  Yep, it's one of the new colors, Black Licorice Silk!  (See, I told you this color real soon!) We used a number of embellishments, Journey Twine Natural, Heart Sparlke Drops, Deco Strips Black, and (I did use this last one) Journey Sparkle Cuts. I was supposed to use them on the hearts but I didn't bring my Journey Glaze and really didn't want to take the time to let it dry.  We embossed the Whip Cream layer with the I Heart embossing folder (retired).  Other items used: Details Pro Shears, Journey Days Stapler, Brush Silver Staples, and Journey Blending Brush Small, Easy Glide Adhesive, and Journey Squares medium.

And another card....

I really like the new set, Spring Botanicals!  The flowers and leaves are so pretty! So, we used 3 card stocks on this: Watermelon Fusion, Whip Cream, and Mirror Gold (for the embellies under the feather and flower). And besides the Spring Botanicals set we used the  new Everyday Script. Also used was our Journey Rectangles die set and Romantic Blooms die set (available Jan. 1).  Lots of inks were used, Lemon Drop, Watermelon Fusion, Kiwi Slice, Lemongrass, Black Licorice, and Tangerine Fusion.  We were supposed to use our Rich Sorbets PanPastels on the flowers as shading but I didn't do that.


This card used a lot of product, as you can see by the inks.  We had to mask the big flower before stamping the little one and the leaves. And we used a bunch of embellishments, Journey Twine Licorice Twist, I Heart Clip, Fashion Gold dots, Classic Elegance Journey Tape, and Simply Gold Journey Tape. We used the same adhesives and such on the previous card.  I have to admit I don't much care for the arrow on the yellow flower but over all this card is gorgeous!

I hope you are enjoying our 12 Days of Deals!  I'm placing an order today for some dies that have been on my wish list.

StampinCarol

No comments: