Wednesday, April 18, 2018

A Desk and a Cuppa

It is absolutely gorgeous here! In the low 80s*F and a breeze, lots of sunshine. My flowers look fabulous and I've been outside a bit more enjoying the spring weather.  But today, yep, I'm at my desk and busy.  I'm working on the kits for my card class of Friday plus stuff I need to do to promote some specials in the company I'm affiliated with.  But I'm also joining up with Julia at the Stamping Ground and many others giving you the opportunity to see what's on my desk, a project, then sending you to see many other desks!  My project follows (kinda) a sketch challenge (TMS449) over on Tuesday Morning Sketches.

So my desk as of late yesterday afternoon:


If you've noticed I no longer have a red Cricut but a new Brother ScanNCut2!!  I have cut out some stamped images but haven't had time to really play around with it.  In the middle of my table are piles of card kits being put together, the directions I made up, the stamps I'll be using, and the sample card.  Far right is my Amaze machine, an oval die that I'm working with, and a pile of white paper I'll be using. My class is Friday morning and I have 2 more card kits for 5 people to make up.  Easy peasy!

Ok, now for my card.  Here's the sketch:


I like it and it has so many possibilities!  Now for my card....


Yeah, I took liberties with the size of the embellishment.  I just got the die set in to make the coffee cup and really wanted to play with it.  All products/supplies are from Fun Stampers Journey.  If you want to know what I used please email me.


I left this picture a bit dark hoping the white lid would show up better, but it didn't work.  I cut a slit in the lid for the straw.

So now you have 2 choices (I am making it a bit harder but check both out!). Head over to the Stamping Ground and Tuesday Morning Sketches!  You won't be disappointed. And leave me a comment about my desk or card if you're so inclined!

StampinCarol

15 comments:

shazsilverwolf said...

Great card Carol, and I think the lid shows up just fine. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #8 XxX

Debbie said...

Awesome card!! My coffee-loving daughter would love to receive a card just like this! (Along with a gift card, of course! LOL) I might have to CASE this!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Helen said...

Fab card! enjoy your ScanNCut.. Helen #2

Julia Dunnit said...

I’ve spent nearly all day preparing kits for workshops tomorrow. I used my Scna N Cut quite a lot....this is because having had it since December, I went on a workshop yesterday and learned more in 3 hours than I have got from the manual in 3 months. Loving it now! Great thatyou’re experiencing some fine weather.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great card Carol, loving all the detail. Your desk looks very organised and very interesting too. I promise to do some more of the 'Dirty Pour' technique soon and will let everyone know when it's on my blog. It's easy to do but a bit messy. Have a great woyww and happy crafty week, Angela x18x

My name is Cindy said...

Busy busy! Love that coffee paper and die, I have been looking for one just like it but also thinking I could just draw it and do it on my scan n cut. It's been positively tropical here in London, spent most of the day pottering in the garden. Shorts tomorrow I feel. Happy Wednesday Cindy #20

Patti said...

Your coffee card caught my eye right away Carol - I love it!! Thanks so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches :)

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Fabulous card, lots of coffee lovers in my family that would love to receive this. Enjoy your scan n cut!!
Creative wishes Tracey #13

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I've seen that sketch on someone else's blog (LilianB, I think) and her take on it was completely different to yours! Shows how a sketch can kick off in all sorts of different directions. Am a bit jealous of your lovely warm weather though ours isn't doing too badly today :-D
Hugs LLJ 16 xxxx

glitterandglue said...

Morning Carol. A great fun card there for the sketch. Hope your class goes really well on Friday.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #7

Cheetarah said...

Wonderful card! Hope you're having a fantastic day! xo Cheetarah #24

Anonymous said...

I love your card and I'm having a cup of happiness right now! The background paper is a perfect match to go with the coffee cup. Good job again Sistah!
Gail S, in Michigan

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Carol, love the card! I must admit that my Scan N Cut has been largely used recently for direct cutting stamped images that I can't be bothered to fussy cut, but it is such a time saver sometimes. Have a great week. Sarah #17

Melissa Craig said...

So much fun! I love that cup. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Kelly said...

Great card. Love the brighter colors. I've not seen Tuesday Morning Sketches. Bookmarked it under "I'm Playing" so I'll remember to check them out. Creative Blessings! Kelly #27